- Remote, EU (Hungary)
- Product Management
At Secret Sauce, we work with some of the largest retailers and marketplaces in the world to transform how people shop online. We combine data from retailers with data we create using AI and machine learning to power innovative and powerful retail technologies.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to shape the development of our services which are integrated into some of the world’s top Fashion & Apparel e-commerce brands such as Gucci, Walmart, and other leading fashion and sportswear brands and are used by millions of people.
What you’ll do
- Uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements.
- Prioritize features and development based on these inputs.
- Negotiate prioritization with stakeholders, including engineering, R&D, customer success, and others
- Define and maintain a product roadmap along with a product backlog
- Work with engineering to execute on a prioritized roadmap
- Perform competitive analysis and develop technical strategies to maintain market leadership
- Establish and track KPIs on product performance
Who you'll work with
You will work closely with the product, engineering (including application developers, QA, data and ML engineers, as well as data analysts), customer success, and sales teams. You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of new products, and enhancements to existing products & processes.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong knowledge of software design and engineering principles
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, architects, quality assurance, operations, analysts, customer success, and sales.
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements, and estimating efforts
- Ability to communicate decisions effectively to internal teams
- Motivate teams through delivering and communicating success
Apply now and get to know us during the interviews. You can read more about our hiring process on Glassdoor.
At Secret Sauce, we use the technologies and tools that we believe are right for the job at the time. We're not afraid to replace a technology or rewrite a service if gaining experience and understanding the domain better makes us realize that we made the wrong choice. We embrace change and work in a fast-paced environment which means that the technology stack we work with is what we believe is the best. That makes us quite happy.
Our backend system consists of independent services built using Java and Ruby that communicate asynchronously through Kafka. We use Avro and a Schema Registry to enforce these interfaces. All our services are packaged using Docker and deployed to our infrastructure in AWS using Kubernetes. Our infrastructure is immutable, we build AMIs with Packer and roll them out with Terraform. We don't have "DevOps" or an Ops team, we think of running services in a cloud environment as part of the software engineering role.
Our data team loves Spark and uses it to process large datasets that we receive from our partners and that we produce ourselves. We don't run a persistent cluster; we process and move data between different data stores: S3, Kafka, PostgreSQL, and Snowflake are all part of the equation and are used where they make the most sense. We rely on Databricks to manage our Spark clusters and use Apache Airflow to orchestrate tasks and to monitor, schedule, and retry jobs.
We started out as a small development team using Ruby and Rails. We ended up with our current architecture and tech stack not because we use technology for technology's sake, but because we believe they are the right choice with the right trade-offs for our expertise, needs, and size.